“My father (a semi pro photographer) gave me my first camera when I was 10 years old and I have been taking photos ever since.” -Sandy Morris
Sandy is also an artist. Her watercolors and drawings have been on display in galleries in New York, San Francisco, Sausalito, Petaluma and Santa Rosa. She has won awards at the Sonoma County Fair and the Petaluma Fair, major venues to exhibit in rural Northern California.
Morris’s involvement in the women’s movement and her love of music introduced her to Women’s Music. She has photographed many concerts, social and environmental causes and actions, fundraisers, celebrations and events with Women’s Music organizers and performers. Her familiarity with the local music scene in Oakland and nearby environs for the past twenty plus years has made her a valuable source of photos for this website gallery. She is also a photographer for the San Francisco Bay Times.
Some of the art shows where Sandy Morris photographs appeared are:
- Visions of Democracy-Abrams Claghorn Gallery-Albany, Ca
- Stonewall 50 Years-2019 Art+Pride Exhibit-Harvey Milk Photo Center-San Francisco, Ca
- Through the Looking Glass-Blake Gardens-Kensington, Ca
- Berkeley Aperture-ACCI Gallery-Berkeley, Ca
- After Light-Chapel of the Chimes-Oakland, Ca